My Book Shelf

Monday, July 11, 2011

Fantasy

According to Vardell, "fantasy speaks to something deep within the human psyche- the wonder and worry about our place in the universe".  Fantasy is timeless and fun.  Fantasy novels can take children, teens, and adults to new worlds and places where anything is possible.  I think this is why fantasy is such a popular genre.  Fantasy allows an escape from the oridinary and real.  It allows adventure and exploration into mythical creatures, magic, and new worlds.  The characters in fantasy often have problems that children can relate to. Winnie the Pooh always wants to help his friends.  Harry Potter wants to find out who he really is. Children can also imagine what their life would be like if they had magical powers or visited other worlds.  I believe fantasy novels spark the imagination of children.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about fantasy books sparking imagination within children. That is one of the reasons that I like fantasy books too. They are a great escape and fill my mind with exciting and new ideas.

    ReplyDelete